Friday, July 3, 2009

i really do ♥ pink

and I really do ♥ my new-to-me serger. Remember how I got it?

I finally got it out while my mom was here and figured out the tension and have had fun finishing up seams! It's especially helpful in taming the fuzz minky creates!

I was asked by a friend if I would be interested in making her baby bedding so we met up and she picked out a couple of my FAVORITE prints! Amy Butler Belle Acanthus in Olive for the blanket and Sandi Henderson's Medallion Bloom from the Farmer's Market collection. And the piece de resistance - hot pink minky to back both.

Now I just need to hand-stitch the binding down on this blanket. Look at that nice serged edge!

The instructions on the bumper pads say to cut 24 20x2" strips of fabric then press them all, then topstitch them all and 5 hours later you can have fabric ties. And some burned finger tips. How do I know this? I've made them before. I decided it would be just as lovely to use a coordinating grosgrain ribbon in Lemongrass.

I just love the moment in a project where you get to see it all come together! It's so satisfying! I really want to keep these for myself (no, I'm not announcing anything) - they are just so CUTE! And the blanket is deliciously cuddly. That's the real minky there folks - it really is softer than the imposters! (and now I sound like a commercial.)

So this is a little sneak peak for you Maggie! I hope you are as excited as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment