Monday, July 13, 2009

the nursery reveal!

I've been busy getting this bedding set together for Maggie. Who in fact is probably having that baby as I type this! I finally finished the binding on the blanket.

I was really kind of
VERY sad to see this go. I ♥ it so much! I really am going to make another one of those pillows. I also think I need pom pom fringe in every color!

I got to her house and set to work on tying 6 bumpers on the crib. The ribbon worked out well, although it was a bit short to tie bows. But I think I like this better anyway.

I'm definitely not a baby bedding stylist, but I tried to get some pictures to show how cute it all looked in it's new home.

I love the rocking chair corner. We couldn't decide which side of the pillow we liked better, I'm sure it will be flip-flopping a lot. I covet that pink damask lamp - I eyed it at Target every time I went and didn't pick it up. Silly me.

And what a fun cute little elephant nightlight!

The bed decided it liked this side of the pillow.

I love the wainscotting with the pale yellow walls. And HELLO gorgeous chandelier!

Is it weird that I'm so attached to this bedding? The room is very sweet and calm. I told her I'm coming over to hold the baby and sit in there when I need a break! And Maggie, good luck today!

This is by far the biggest custom order I've taken on. Well, besides the bags I've done, it's the only one. But I'm so glad I did it. I learned to use my serger better as well as how to sew with minky (pin it A LOT!). I discovered how much I like collaborating with someone to create something beautiful which will be well-loved . And it was a huge confidence builder for me. Perhaps I have it in me to take on more challenging projects.

What challenging projects have you been working on lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment