Sunday, July 19, 2009

tired.

That's how I've been feeling lately. The reality of a deployed husband has been wearing on me so much lately. It's hard playing mom and dad and still trying to find time for myself. I've managed to do it, but sacrificing sleep in the process. It's finally caught up to me. And I have a whole new appreciation for the women who go at it alone every day.

Were you wondering what their offices look like over there? Pretty dusty.

I won't tell him I posted this picture of him here if you won't, okay? I'm so proud of him!

We are in the final stretch here, he's coming home in just a few short weeks! I'm trying to stay busy until then and have a long to-do list.

  • I finally got the rest of the backing fabric needed for my quilt along quilt, so I can quilt it.
  • Recovering some of my pillows for my couch.
  • Going to the beach!
  • Going to South Carolina for a dear friend's wedding.
  • A Notion or Two quilt block for July.
  • Organizing my sewing area.
  • DECLUTTERING.
  • Cleaning my house.
  • Putting together my new IKEA chairs.
  • Wedding quilt (for aforementioned wedding)
  • Sewing for my daughter, summer quilt (better get on that before summer is over)
  • Spending time at the pool.
  • Posting an awesome giveaway (hopefully on Tuesday).
  • Hosting painting week here.
  • Finish up my bird quilt - I got some awesome backing fabric for that too.

So, I've got a lot to do. Anyone else feeling this way?



No comments:

Post a Comment