Sunday, March 1, 2009

another duvet to dream under

I said I'd probably never make another duvet again - but I don't think I knew you could get toddler sized ones at IKEA. You don't have to piece any fabric for this size! Unlike I had to do for this one. Here is the big view. Of course it had to be PINK!

The nice thing about this was that all I needed to do was buy enough length because the duvet is ~45" wide. I purchased Michael Miller's Eiffel Tower toile (which I adore and have been trying to find a reason to use a LOT of it) from Fabric.com along with the Dandy Damask and some Dumb Dots. Then I bought some of the coordinating pin dots while I was in Utah.

Initially I thought I would just do the whole thing out of the Eiffel Tower print and use the others for dust ruffle and extra pillows. But then I found that cute dust ruffle on clearance at Target for 5$! It matches pretty well - so we're keeping it. Plus, I realized that I didn't actually buy enough of the fabric.


And then I cut it in the wrong place and had to piece a strip of the dots on the top of the opposite side for everything to match up. But you didn't know I didn't mean for it to look like that, right? (really, I was just trying to keep some of the eiffel tower for myself - that's partly why I did the other side a little different - I L.O.V.E. this stuff).

Alison was excited to have cover just like mommy and daddy's and now she actually sleeps under something. I just like to go in there and look at that cute fabric every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment