Tuesday, March 24, 2009

a story of fabric, food and friends!

I had a feeling it would be a good weekend when this showed up on my doorstep Friday morning.

These are all Amy Butler prints. I'm sure you are shocked. I got the red for the binding of my Notion or Two quilt, the pink because I love it and the blues knocked me over with their cheery sunshine-y goodness. I thought I might make a bag out of it, but now I just want to wrap myself up in it.

And then I got to pick up my friend from the airport. We had so much fun catching up all weekend. We went to Wegman's, that I raved about, to have lunch on Saturday. Plus I wanted her to see the bakery and patisserie. Being French and all, I knew she would appreciate it.

And of course we brought something home, in this pretty box.

Telling us thank you on the price sticker, in french no less.

A gorgeous, tangy, sweet and crumbly-crusted lemon tart. (Don't mind the picture - it was dark)


One day I'll have the guts to ask if I can take a picture inside the store. You wouldn't believe the fruit tarts they have - they are gorgeous!!

We had so much fun talking about decorating ideas, thrift store finds, our kids, our memories together from when we lived in France. We pretty much talked non-stop the whole weekend! It was great!

We didn't get much accomplished besides eating and catching up. But you know how it is with old friends. You pick up just where you left off. No matter how much time has passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment