Wednesday, March 4, 2009

a bee update

So I have all of my blocks for my Notion or Two quilt. Well, except do you see that spot that's blank? That's where my block goes! I decided to wait until I had all of them together to see what kind of block I needed to make, light or dark, busy or simple, red/pink/orange bird, etc...



I think I've got an idea of how I will place them, and I bought the sashing fabric. However, my artsy orthodontist brother made some interesting suggestions for me to think about doing. I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle what he suggested, but I may just go for it. I'm being vague on purpose, because if it doesn't turn out, I don't want to be held accountable!!

in other project news (pictures to follow in the next few posts):
*I'm working on the binding of that quilt - hope to have it in the mail by Monday.
*The dresser is painted and in my kitchen, but I'm trying to figure out what to do with the knobs.
*I started a diaper bag, changing pad project with Megan for a mutual friend.
*I started an online Photography course that I'm totally excited about. I think I may get the hang of the manual setting on my D40!
*I managed to time a fabric order (several yards of Daisy Chain by Amy Butler) to arrive the day DH left for a month. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've done that without even planning it! It's a boost to get a pretty package like that on a day that bums me out. I'll have to figure out something REALLY good for the day he leaves for Afghanistan for 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment