Thursday, March 19, 2009

a baby shower story

no, this isn't a new TLC show. But I did go to a baby shower tonight. The evite came with this cute little graphic. Isn't it sweet? I knew I wanted to do something with it, but what?

How about I turn it into an applique for a sweet little baby tee?

and put it on a burpcloth?

Maybe that star-shaped cookie cutter would make a cute applique too.

and then I can do up some burpcloths to match that one too.


I've never done baby tees before. I want to make a MILLION of them now! How easy and fast (about and hour for all this) and cute. And I realized that you really CAN use some of those little scraps. I need to get a scrap saving/storing system in place!

In other news, I found out a dear friend of mine who I haven't seen in years (due to her being French and living in France until just recently) is coming to see me tomorrow for the weekend!!! And she tells me she's a fabric hoarder. I'm telling her to bring her sweats and her stash and we'll glue ourselves to the sewing machine all weekend!! I'm so excited to see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment