Wednesday, October 1, 2008

bag wanderlust

My friend Karen said to me one day she was having bag wanderlust. You know how it is, you have a perfectly usable bag, but you just need a little something new. I knew she had a sewing machine, I knew she was talented, I figured I could help her make her own. So a fabric ordering session, 3 tete-a-tete's (or machine-a-machine) later, she has a wonderful new bag!

Sewing the lining to the exterior, turning it inside out, almost there. . .


Topstitching, the inside!

and the finished product!

Way to go Karen! Can I borrow it?

It was really fun helping her with this - although I realized I need to write down what I do when I make them. Because I made up the pattern I just do it in my head, but it was hard to translate that to someone else. . . thanks for being patient with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment