Thursday, August 26, 2010

sew & tell survey

I'm not really sure what I was thinking, except that maybe I can keep up with shorter updates since I can't always seem to find the time to write a full-fledged post here, buuuuuut, I did it. Go check it out if you want.



I'm not promising anything earth-shattering, but sometimes I want to quickly blab about some sewing related something-or-other and Facebook seems to be a good way to do that.
*****
It's back-to-school time and I'm getting sew & tell school ready to go!  I taught school in a former life and always liked the fresh start of a new school year!

I'm working on tweaking some of the guidelines for sew & tell and reiterating the existing rules.  We've had so many new people join us over the last few months that I want to make sure we are all on the same page.

In that vein, I would like your input on things you LOVE and about sew & tell and things that could improve it.

My main goal of sew & tell is to motivate each of us (myself included) to finish at least one project during the week.  I know I've always got a million things started and a deadline always seems to help to keep the finishes rolling in.  Consider it your weekly sewing homework, since we're going with a back-to-school theme here.  :)

One thing I love about sew & tell is the making new friends.  It's been so much fun to get to know a lot of you better each week.

One thing I want to improve is to make sure each link is relevant to that goal and that every minute you spend here is worth your while.

I've been toying with the idea of excluding tutorials.  I know we all love a good tutorial, but there are plenty of tutorial linky parties.  What I'm thinking is your sew & tell post can just show the finish and if there is a tutorial to share, it can be linked to in a separate post.

What are your thoughts on this?

Have you heard about this yet? (probably, but I wanted to make sure!)

No comments:

Post a Comment