Tuesday, August 17, 2010

hand-dyed fabric care

My dear friend Candy, the woman behind the awesome hand-dyed fabrics from which this quilt was made, has a new column on A La Mode Stuff aptly called, "Ask Candy".
 
She is answering my question today:
Dear Candy,

I know you hand dye all of your fabrics. I was wondering if you could offer any suggestions to an amateur quilter like me on how to care for my fabrics (hand-dyed, batiks, or otherwise) so that I don't ruin my precious creations in the first wash. I would hate for some of my brights to run into my white or light colored borders and/or sashing.

Thanks! amylouwho
Go to the post to read her answer!
*****
In other news...
I'm gearing up for the Amy Butler-fest I am planning!  I got this amazing email yesterday about her new WALLPAPER!  Oh. My. Word.
Can you say gorgeous? (all photo credits Graham and Brown via amybutlerdesign.com)
She's done it again.
And I don't think I would be able to choose just one.
Okay, maybe THIS is my favorite.
I think the backs of my built-in bookshelves might need a little facelift...
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment