Thursday, August 27, 2009

sew-n-tell!

Amy - Park City Girl and I had a little blog comment/email exhange earlier this week.  It went a little something like this:
amy: (in a blog post)  I haven't been on the sewing machine lately...I need to get some things done.
amy:  I need to get motivated too - let's have a sew-n-tell on Friday!
amy:  great!  I need some accountability.
amy:  me too!  I have some stuff cut out I need to get done.  okay - sew-n-tell Friday -  post by noon. 
----a day later ----
amy: what if we do a Mr. Linky thing too?

(I know, 2 amy's is confusing.  But I promise I wasn't talking to myself!!)

SO,  I got 3 bags cut out, and a curtain started, but because of some other things getting in the way, this pillow (which wasn't on my to-do list until I bought the fabric on Wednesday) was the only thing I got done.
I picked up the bolt as soon as I saw it.  Isn't it pretty!?  I'm in the process of giving all my pillows makeovers.  Right now they are too matchy-matchy.   I have a tutorial planned for next week on my super easy, no hand-sewing, anyone-can-make-this-in-less-than-an-hour pillow.  Really, anyone.

Do you have something you'd like to share for sew-n-tell today?  I realize this is what our blogs consist of all the time, but if you have something you completed this week - link up!  We'd love to come visit and see what you are up to.  (In case I'm not already blurking around your url...)  Maybe we can make this a more regular feature, to help keep us motivated in the finishing department!

Just sign up in the Mr. Linky box below and link back here in your post.  Just remember, please link to a specific post and not just your blog.

ie:  not www.amylouwho.com  but www.amylouwho.com/2009/08/sew-n-tell.htm  is great!  (this is called a permalink - I'm learning all sorts of useful things today!)

In short:
1. sign up in Mr. Linky with a permalink
2. share a post from THIS week of a COMPLETED project
3. link back to this post so everyone can join in!
4. enjoy getting motivated and inspired by what everyone else is doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment