Monday, August 3, 2009

emmaline apron

I think that the old barter system is a great way to do things - I don't mean talking someone down on their price - I mean a good old swap of goods and/or services! (by the way, isn't wikipedia awesome!? I recently had a great history lesson on Anne Boleyn and Elizabeth I, not to mention Henry VIII.)

Meet Rheannan. She just graduated from cosmetology school. (Congrats!) Isn't she cute?

She lives in Arizona, but when she comes home to visit family, she's graciously cut and enhanced my blonde for me.

She didn't want to charge me since she hadn't graduated yet, but she loved my Emmaline Apron pattern and these Ginger Blossom fabrics. (my pictures aren't as good as the ones on the link -sorry, I was in a hurry, and it was getting dark!)

So I paid her in aprons. I hope she likes it (as much as I like my new 'do)!

(I may have gotten carried away with the parenthetical remarks.) (On a completely unrelated note, I reccomend the HBO Elizabeth I over the BBC version. They were actually both very good, with lots of British eye candy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment