Friday, January 23, 2009

feeding the addiction

Of course I had to buy some fabric while I was in Utah. There are so many cute quilt shops there. I met Amy, Park City Girl at Elaine's Quilt Block where I got some cute stuff for a bag, Alison's bedding and those purple fat quarters just because they were cute. AND $1!



Then yesterday I was reminded of Material Girls, a fairly new shop (to me) that I have heard good things about. Amy had emailed me to ask if I had been there before - my mom and I left within 5 minutes to go check it out, we only had one day left together, and I'm always looking for a good reason to procrastinate! It was good therapy - got my mind off of the packing and the flight. Plus I got those cute blue and green fat quarters for $1 too!

Nadine and her cute shop did not dissappoint! I got to visit with her and she let me take some pictures!



She had so many cute samples up and a great selection of fabrics from Amy Butler, Sandi Henderson, Heather Bailey, etc. She told me that Sandi Henderson was in her shop one day and everyone was going crazy! I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels starstruck by these designers.



Aww, more birdies.





There were so many cool quilts to look at! I love the window pane look of this one on the left. I think that's what I am going to do with my bird blocks. And I just liked this one on the right - Amy Butler Midwest Modern. So pretty. An Amy Butler Quilt is on my list to make this year.

Now back to my normal life. It's been a while. I'm looking forward to my own bed, a routine and some quality time with my sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment