Wednesday, June 6, 2012

to market, but not really

I know it's been a few weeks since Quilt Market.  I've wanted to go ever since I heard there was even such a thing.  Fabric heaven where fabric designers go and hang out with the mortals!  Every six months I drool over post market recaps and twitter and Instagram feeds from people who are there!  This year a part of me went to market. Sort of.  I should have sent a flat Amy with Kim and Sara (their links go to all of their market recaps! excellent posts!), but I'm not that organized.

Instead, I was very lucky to have been able to help Vanessa with her booth.  I made several samples to help display her new fabric line Simply Color.  I just love the simplicity of her designs and the bright vibrant colors!

This polka dot border print is adorable! And her request for pillowcase dresses was a perfect way to showcase them!
Pillowcase dresses

She also asked me to make a skirt for her to wear and I was so nervous that it wouldn't fit right, since we don't live close enough for me to have her try it on while I was making it! And the angle of this picture is terrible, but it was the only one I took!
A-line skirt

I was happy to see a picture of her wearing it - so it must have not have been a completely horrible fit!  And loved seeing her whole happy booth!  And her being her usual funny self -  I love her 'sassy' face! haha!!
photo courtesy V. and Co.  Check out her post HERE.
And it was a little surreal to see the pillowcase dresses hanging up there too!
thanks for the photo Kim!

I'm planning a {not a} tutorial post for the dresses and skirt soon.  Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment