Friday, May 25, 2012

sew & tell v3.32 - a pot pourri

Hi friends! I'm sorry I'm a little tardy in getting this post up today.  It's been a super busy week and I fell asleep on the couch last night before I got to this.  Plus, I wasn't sure what to share, but I had a few things I've been working on over the last couple of weeks.


My baby quilt collaboration finished another project that was gifted last week.  Fabric selection and piecing by Brynn, quilting by me, and binding by Teri.  Be sure to click on Brynn's blog so you can see her amazing Central Park quilt!


It was a straightforward strip quilt with Anne Kelle, Full Moon Modern and some Echo.  I love the striped binding!  Teri also made an awesome cake with a cute whale on top that matched! I wished I'd gotten a picture of that!

Next up another New York Beauty block.  This is going to turn into a pillow here in the next few days after I sew up a couple more blocks.  I love a little monochromatic color scheming! You can see my (not a) tutorial for this block HERE.
Kona white, Amy Butler Sunspots in Aqua, and Amy Butler Lark (not sure the name of the print).  I'm trying to decide if I make two more of the same blocks or add some more fabrics in.  What would you do?

And then yesterday while I was on a little day trip I stumbled across a Joann's and picked up a few prints.  And I actually have plans for each of them!
Dish drying mats (lemons), Purse (black and white), tunic type top (floral swiss dot).  Maybe I'll be super productive this week!

What have you been up to this week?  Looking for some eye candy?  Sara and Kim both have some awesome Quilt Market Recap posts!  And I have some things I made hanging in one of the booths!  Can you guess where?

What finishes do you have this week?  Can't wait to see!
Linky Rules.  Please follow along for a fun party!

1. Please write the post for sew & tell - or add a blurb mentioning sew & tell to a post written since the last sew & tell.  If you are linking to a post with your own tutorial, please make sure it was a finish from this week and that the completed project is shown first.
2. One linky per person. (please put multiple projects in one post.)
3. Link to your specific post.  (See here for permalink instructions - or email me.)
4. Link back here with a link or a button (HTML on my sidebar).
5. Be sure to visit and leave comments on other's posts!

Please put your (blog)name instead of your project name, it helps us get to know each other better!

No comments:

Post a Comment