Friday, July 1, 2011

sew & tell - july 2011

Happy July!  I know it's a long weekend for those celebrating Independance Day!

I've been on a sewing binge lately and realized that if I'm sewing a lot, I'm not blogging very much.  And if I'm blogging a lot, I'm not sewing very much.  This is a tricky balance since I try to blog about what I sew... so I'll spread out some of the projects I've been working on and just share a few of my favorites today.

I blogged about this skirt I made a few weeks ago.  I AM in LOVE and would wear it every day if I could get away with it.  So the next best thing?  Make more!  Here's the finished product of skirt #2.
new skirt #2
And I have another one cut out ready to sew!

And seriously, these skirts are so contagious! SO contagious in fact that the lovely Jessica, from diaper clutch and super sweet homecoming/reunion photo fame begged me to help her make some.  Okay, maybe she didn't beg, more like I insisted she could do it and she did!

I've said this before, one thing I love about sewing with other people is that I learn about fabric choices.  Everyone's vision is different and Jessica picked out some fabric that I never would have thought to use. AND WOW. I LOVE the final result.

We went to our LQS and she picked out some adorable pieces.  One Amy Butler (did you think she would be able to escape my influence?)

and Wonderland, anyone?
Jessica's awesomeness

I worked with this fabric a couple of years ago and made a bag out of it.  I guess I had it pigeonholed into bag or quilt only fabric.  But I love it in a skirt.  In fact, I think we are going to trade skirts for a week or so.  :)

My mom and I get to spend some time together for the next couple of weeks.  I hope to have some more fun stuff to show you!  It's always fun to sew with her.

What did you finish this month? And of course - if you were able to help someone with a project,  do share!

PLEASE READ THIS POST IF YOU ARE NEW TO LINKING UP!  :)
NEW RULES FOR LINKING UP!  Please read carefully.  The delete monster will be eating non-compliant links.
1. Please write the post for sew & tell - or add a blurb mentioning sew & tell to a post written since the last sew & tell.  If you are linking to a post with your own tutorial, please make sure it was a finish from this week and that the completed project is shown first.
2. One linky per person. (please put multiple projects in one post.)
3. Link to your specific post.  (See here for permalink instructions - or email me.)
4. Link back here with a link or a button.
5. Be sure to visit and leave comments on other's posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment