Tuesday, July 12, 2011

flashback, retro, vintage... whatever you want to call it

My mom made me this dress when I was about the same age as my oldest is now.
me in a dress my mom made me.
I didn't know she had held onto it but it found it's way to my house a year or so ago.

My oldest found it in the closet and wants to wear it every day!
same dress 30 something years later.

It's true, we might look a little bit alike. I really think it's that dress that inspired me to make this one for her earlier this year.

Nice dress from Nicey Jane
Although in true amylouwho fashion, the one I made has an elastic neck and no zippers or bias tape finishing.  The one my mom made? Zippers, trim, bias finished edge, ruffle, you get the idea.

And I really ought to get a picture of her in the new one before she outgrows it, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment