Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bloggers' Quilt Festival - Spring 2011

Hello fellow blogging quilters! I'm so happy to share this quilt with you today!

Amy's Creative Side

This was my first quilt made by me from an online quilting bee.   But I can't really say it was made by me since I had 11 other awesome folks help bring the picture in my head to reality.  And really, I think that the reality is better than the picture in my head.  Lovely Amy, organizer of Bloggers' Quilt Festival, did the block in the middle of the bottom row. Of course, she did something fantastic and unique!
a notion or two inaugural quilt

This is the first quilt I have ever quilted on my own little machine.  It was not easy.  In fact, I kind of loathed it by the time I was done.  It was just so hard maneuvering all that fabric through a tiny throat space.  It doesn't help that I've been spoiled and used my my mom's long-arm. (Well, it was only once.  And about 10 years ago.  But I LOVED it.)

I liked doing loop-de-loops  (I think it hides more mistakes).
Loop-de-loop quilting

I love this IKEA fabric on the back.  I'm going there this week and stocking up.
The back
I love the requisite binding shot.  And the cherry red Amy Butler dots!
Love a folded quilt pic.

I know there are so many other quilts to go check out!  Enjoy!  If you are interested in seeing more photos and read about all the lessons I learned making this quilt, you can go HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment