Friday, May 6, 2011

a trip to the fabric store

Joann's is over an hour from my house.  All this talk about Denyse Schmidt's new line there had me curious.  And I heard they might have some Farmdale . . . But I couldn't justify that long of a drive just to go to Joann's to look.  So I also went to Costco!  Because the nearest one is also over and hour away,  but just down the block from Joann's.

They did have the DS Quilts fabrics.  Well, some of them.  But not the dots which is really what I wanted.  But they did have the Farmdale!
some Joann's loot.

I'll add these 2 yards to the yard I already have.  To have and to hoard until death do us part.

The patterns were cheap and I'm using them as templates so I don't have to reninvent the whole wheel, just part of it.

I want to make a yoked skirt like the ones I've been making for my girls.  And I have a tunic that I want to replicate, and this was the closest thing I've seen.  I'm hoping to be able to change the raglan type sleeve, to a set in one.  We'll see how that goes.... Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment