Friday, July 9, 2010

sew & tell - an apron for my sous-chef


If you are new or need a refresher for Sew & Tell guidelines you can click on the tab above for details on linking up!


Hey everyone!  I hope you've had a great productive week!  If not in the sewing room at least in the have-fun-during-the-summer department.  My brother came down to visit this week and we went to the beach a couple of days.  Of course there is still settling in to do so I wasn't able to do any sewing still!  But luckily more talented relatives have come to the rescue!  I'm still learning the lighting in this house for pictures, but I think you get the idea.
My lovely sister-in-law Laura is one of my recent sewing converts.  She made a darling apron for her cousin and thought a mini-me version would be just as adorable! And my Alison was the lucky recipient!
Can you believe she got these cute fabrics at Joann's?  I'm still impressed with the improvement in their selection.  (I read this interesting article about why things are better over there.)

I love the yo-yo detail!  Yo-yos are so cute!!!


And it's crazy how much she wants to help now!  Every night - "mom can I help you with dinner!?"  If an apron is all it takes I'm going to make sure she has one for every chore!  :)

Thanks Aunt Laura for the cutest apron ever!  And for being so excited about sewing! (I should add that Laura has just started sewing and she made this apron up from something she saw - no pattern!  You go girl!!)


What sewing project did you finish this week?


Please refer to the sew & tell page   if you have any questions or wonder why your link may have been  deleted.


1. Link to your specific  post  about a sewing related finish you had THIS week.
2. Please mention sew   & tell in your post and link back to this  post (link or button) so  everyone can join in.
3.  Pat each other on the backs in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment