Friday, July 16, 2010

sew & tell - another knitted gift


If you are new or need a refresher for Sew & Tell guidelines you can click on the tab above for details on linking up!


Hey! Do you want to hear some great news?  Baby is sleeping from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m.!!  Do you know what this means?  It means my brain is starting to function on the closer side of normal.  I actually sewed this week!  It's the first sewing I've done in almost 3 months!  Unfortunately, I didn't quite finish it.  But I should have it finished for next Friday - it's the Amy Butler LOVE quilt I've been working on for the baby.  I'll make it her, I'm-sleeping-through-the-night gift.  I just ordered the rest of the fabric for her bedding too, so I'm excited to get all that put together!  Now, if I could just figure out what beds to get the older kids so that I can put her in the crib instead of the pack-n-play...

So, because I don't have anything of my own (again), and I forgot to coordinate with Leslie who was going to guest post for me (she's been with us since the beginning and always has fun things to share.  Sorry Leslie!), I have another item to feature that I received as a baby gift.

If you've been reading here for a bit you might have heard why I named my blog what I did.  My dear neighbor is a VERY creative person and excellent knitter.  I had no words when I opened her gift.
CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS??? I LOVE IT!! The Amylouwho family tree immortalized in knit! I assume most people are familiar with Dr. Seuss and his Whos.  She patterned this picture after one of the illustrations in Horton Hears a Who

She knit the blanket and the figures and then appliqued them to the blanket.  Seriously! The talent!
amylouwho and daddywho

aliwho

andywho

and babymaggiewho

I still get giggles and fall in love with it even more every time I look at it!  Thank you Ellen!!


What sewing project did you finish this week?


Please refer to the sew & tell page   if you have any questions or wonder why your link may have been  deleted.


1. Link to your specific  post  about a sewing related finish you had THIS week.
2. Please mention sew   & tell in your post and link back to this  post (link or button) so  everyone can join in.
3.  Pat each other on the backs in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment