Thursday, May 14, 2009

busy, but productive and fun!

With a deployment, illness and family in town - the last few weeks have been so crazy busy. We've had a lot of fun but we are all wiped out!! One of the ONLY good things about my husband being gone is that I have the house all to myself once the kids are in bed! The downside is I stay up way TOO late sewing and blogging and stuff (this may or may not include time on facebook). It's just really nice to have 5 uninterrupted thoughts in a row and have some clear-headed thinking time. I should probably use it to plan out meals and shopping lists or fold laundry and clean. And if I could just eliminate the need for sleep. . .


Bags have been my go-to project lately. Most of the bags I've made have been custom orders. I originally set up my etsy shop to sell them and haven't had a sale there yet. Mostly because I haven't really had any bags to list! Here's just a couple I put together for that purpose.

Sandi Henderson's Farmers Market-Henna in Red and Medallion Bloom in Pink

Amy Butler Lotus - Tree Peony and Full Moon Dots in Slate

Well, a friend of mine who has one of my bags went to a family barbecue last weekend and her sister-in-law was asking her about it. So she gave her my info and we've emailed this week. Then just like that she said she wanted this bag!


Then I listed it for her and she purchased it!!I'm so happy! It makes me feel good to think that someone likes it enough to buy it (and now I don't look totally lame with a big 0 sales by my name.) There's some certainty with custom orders - they pick the fabric a lot of times so you know they'll like it. But this felt just a little different...

I was ready to keep it. I mean, seriously, look at that fabric. Sandi Henderson is one of my designer heroes! This fabric has made a couple of appearances on this blog already, with one more in the works. I think I need it in all the other colors too.

This lovely blue number has not been claimed and I'm getting ready to list it. Should I reserve it for anyone in particular?


No comments:

Post a Comment