Monday, May 4, 2009

a little magic trick

Did you know you can turn this:


into one of these?
I have an old friend who I've recently reconnected with and she found out I was sewing again. She said to me one day, "Do you have a serger? I have one I hardly use and I was going to sell it on Craigslist. I will give it to you in exchange for a bag..." I didn't really have to think twice about that one. Now I just need to learn how to use it.


I mean really, did you know this fabric was THIS gorgeous? I didn't. And the more I work with it the more I want to plaster it on my walls. Which I found out you can do! But that's a story for another day.


When I finished it I told my friend I might need to just give her the serger back. I mean, c'mon!! She looks so pretty on my blue chair! It's okay though, I bought some more - maybe I'll make a little bolster for my chair.

*****
In other fabric news. . .
I'm still sad about the whole extinction of the Belle and Lotus lines.

However,

I think Tula Pink's new line may just mend my broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment