Tuesday, February 10, 2009

don't forget the nutella

I did it. I made some bread. I've baked bread before, but never with such success from the first try! That book I told you about, Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day, is revolutionary!! I read through the first few chapters, got an understanding of the theory behind the technique and tackled it on Saturday morning. By tackling it, I mean, taking the 4 ingredients and mixing them up in a bowl - about 5 minutes - and then I let it sit for a few hours. After another few minutes of shaping the loaf and letting it rest, I popped it in the oven and this is what came out!!



I am so happy with the crackling crust and chewy interior. I can't wait to try the rest of the recipes in the book.

And I'm serious. Don't forget the Nutella.



Do you want to add buying this book and baking some bread to you to-do list? Check out a cute and sassy to-do list template download at Heirloom Paperie. (if you love paper stuff - you will love this creative paper designer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment