Wednesday, October 19, 2011

{amylouwho} bliss(ful) table runner

I feel like I'm riding a major sewing tidal wave since I got back from the Sewing Summit! I want to cut into every piece of fabric I own, and THAT is NOT normal.  Usually I just want to hoard it.

I bought some Bliss ages ago and then decided to make a table runner for a friend.  It has sat around getting neglected for far too long.  I decided the other day to make a mess and cut out a bunch of stuff!  So I headed over to (another) Amy's blog to look at her easy quilted table runner tutorial.  SO easy!

So I hacked up lovingly cut up my fabric into strips.

Bliss tablerunner - strips cut
Then I played with the layout.
Bliss Tablerunner - strips arranged
Then I sewed it up!
Bliss Tablerunner - strips sewn

I want to use the brown medallion for the binding (or the red), but I don't quite have enough.  I do however have enough to cut some more strips and put another one together~to keep!!  I love this fabric.

Thanks Amy for a quick and easy tutorial!  I'll share the finish on Sew & Tell soon!

I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday!  It's my first time!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment