Monday, September 26, 2011

The Sewing Summit

I'm sure you've heard of the Sewing Summit. Right?

Did I remember to mention that I'm going to be there! Are you?

I'm so excited I can't stand it!  I registered all teh way back when they first opened registration.  Mrlouwho was supposed to be deployed and I was looking forward to a little get away.  Since then his deployment has been pushed back so he's home (sort of) and he's taking a few extra days off work to spend with the kids so I can go and spend some time with my mom too.

I'm totally not prepared and will be lucky to show up in clean clothes with make up on.  I know there's lots of sewing prep going on and I would love to sew up a new wardrobe, bag and fabric flower accessories, but, you know how it goes.
finished quilt top

I'm trying to decide what, if any projects I'm going to take to work on. I left this quilt in Utah with my mom this summer, she said she'd help me get the back pieced together.  This is my rough draft of the back...

backing of ORB quilt along quilt

Maybe I'll work on it.  It's about time I finished it!  I made it 2 summers ago!  It would be awesome to have it there for when I meet Dana the first time.  After all she inspired it!

But in reality, I think I'll just be talking everyone's ears off!  Won't it be fun to be in the same room with a bunch of other sewing bloggers!?  I love it.  You all know how I love bloggy meetups.

So leave a comment and let me know if you are coming!  I seriously want to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment