Tuesday, April 5, 2011

a new bag. really, a new bag!

When I say a new bag, I mean a new pattern even! If you've been around here since before I had the baby (a YEAR ago!!) you saw a lot of my bag, meaning the bag I designed, since I made a ton of them. Maybe too many of them. In fact, I think it's been a year since I made a bag. And I needed a new one.

I've had this Belle Chrysanthemum (Amy Butler) for a couple of years waiting for the perfect time to use it.  I think it's perfect for spring.  And The Abby Tote from Vanessa at  V. and Co. was a perfect fit!

So I whipped up a little bag this last weekend.  Actually, it's not little, it's a huge tote!
The Abby Tote by V. and Co.


Isn't that sash adorable!  I listened to her on Pat Sloan's internet radio show (look on the right side bar under recent shows, Vanessa Christenson) and she said the inspiration for this bag was actually the big bow and she designed the bag around that.  Love.
the sash/scarf
She suggests doubling up the sash as a scarf too. And I did today! It was perfect on this very blustery spring day. Vanessa is as sweet (and funny!) as they come.  I can't wait to make a houndstooth quilt.  Make sure you check out the rest of Vanessa's awesome patterns.

So I think it's bag season.  I helped a friend make one of my original bags the last couple of days and I can't wait to show it to you.   It was so fun to help her make something and see her get as excited about it as I do!  I have a couple of other bag ideas floating around in my head too, maybe I'll get on that.  Not to mention the curtains and quilts I'm working on.  But I just love the quick, satisfying, functional nature of a new bag.

Anyone else feel the need to finish something quick when working on longer projects?  What do you sew when you need some instant gratification?

No comments:

Post a Comment