Thursday, July 17, 2008

Update: Garden and other stuff

My attempts at being productive this summer seem to get stymied at every turn. I haven't been able to sew as much, because, well frankly having a 5 month old a two year old doesn't leave a lot of time for the leisurely things. And I don't have the room to drag everything out all the time. I have been reading a lot of crafting/sewing blogs though. I will have to add them to my sidebar.





The biggest problem though came about 11 pm on Friday night when I went into the operating room to have my appendix taken out. Yep, that's right. The good thing is, at least I'll know I won't ever have appendicitis again! I've been lazing all over the couch this week reading blogs and getting motivated to be more creative, productive, and interactive with my kids. Now, if I could just feel well enough to do it!

So the big lesson of gardening I've learned this summer is that as long as you do a lot of prep work and get some strong plants, you can be incapacitated for a week, and with the rain we've been having, your garden will do just fine. (However I did take this pics last week before I got sick). Maybe I'll hobble out there in a little bit to check on everything. I can see from the window that my Zinnia's are blooming.

My first harvest: cuke, cherry tomato, jalepenos


Cherry tomato plant with a side of dahlias

Zinnia bud - I love the color and it was just a random packet - lucky me! Beets - mmmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on your gardening! Your garden has yielded beautiful and yummy-looking veggies. You're my inspiration. I totally want to plant a garden in the spring (that's the best time of year to kick off, right? Or fall?) Anyway, thanks:) and I hope you are feeling better!! We love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that looks great! Your tomatoes look way better than mine. Love the square foot gardens!

    ReplyDelete