Wednesday, February 20, 2013

WIP Wednesday: more scrappy tripping along

I've been feeling the itch to get caught up here on the ole blog and couldn't decide where to start as I have many completed projects and my forever sewing room cleanup/organization project. So I think I'll continue to tell you about my most current WIP.

I knew I didn't have enough of my fat quarter bundle to pull off the whole quilt but at the same time wasn't sure about how much I actually needed.  I was worried about cutting too much of any given fabric or what colors I needed to supplement.  What I needed to do was get the blocks finished that I was working on and just see where I stood.

So I let my strip sets sit around for a while until the other night when I sat down with a Downton Abbey rerun (I have A LOT to say about that show!!) and sewed up the rest of the blocks I had prepped.  Here's an idea of what it will look like.  I'm really loving it!

It's a start! I swear I thought I had more blocks finished! #scrappytripalong
I have 13 blocks finished and am planning on 30 total. I'm not as far along as I'd hoped but I have some new fabrics to add in and I think it's going to turn out really cute.

I plan on backing it with the blue chevron and binding with the red dots! 

This is one quilt that I'm hoping to finish for myself in record time.  I started it in January and hope to have it all done in the next month or so.  

I'm also mulling over an Amy Butler Weekender bag.  I got the pattern for Christmas and am currently debating fabric choices: buy something new? or use up my stash?  Tough decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment